This month, tree trimming and clearing will begin on the north side of Route 9 between Hillsboro Road (Rt. 690S) and Mountain Road (Rt. 690N) in preparation for utility work and pole relocation related to the Hillsboro ReThink9 Traffic Calming project and the future GapWay Trail.
We are pleased to announce that another local business is benefiting directly from this project as Hillsboro’s Evergreen Tree Service has been contracted to perform this work.
The existing tree line area will be landscaped with native plants and trees as the project is completed in Spring 2021.
- Dependent upon weather, the clearing process is anticipated to last for approximately two weeks.
- During this time, safety is the highest priority. Please maintain at least 500 feet of clearance while there is moving equipment. If you do need to approach the work zone, please make sure you have notified the project team in advance by email at email@example.com so they may advise the crew.
- While the tree clearing will be on the north side of Route 9, some periodic lane closures will be required, with flagging operations occurring between 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. approved VDOT work hours.
- Updates will be made on www.rethink9.com and on the ReThink9 Facebook page.
- Please make sure you are signed up to receive the ReThink9 Dispatch email newsletter and alerts.