The Town of Hillsboro has announced a temporary travel pattern through the Route 9 (Charles Town Pike) work zone for the Christmas and New Year holiday weekends that will allow limited westbound-only travel through the work zone Thursday through Sunday each day, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Charles Town Pike within the Town will be closed to all travel each day at 7 p.m. and reopen at 7 a.m. the following day. No eastbound travel is permitted during this period. The local and regional detours remain in effect.
ReThink9 2020 Holiday Traffic Pattern:
- Thursday, Dec. 24—7 a.m. to 7 p.m. WESTBOUND-ONLY OPEN
- Friday, Dec. 25—7 a.m. to 7 p.m. WESTBOUND-ONLY OPEN
- Saturday, Dec. 26—7 a.m. to 7 p.m. WESTBOUND-ONLY OPEN
- Sunday, Dec. 27—7 a.m. to 7 p.m. WESTBOUND-ONY OPEN
- Thursday, Dec. 31—7 a.m. to 7 p.m. WESTBOUND-ONLY OPEN
- Friday, Jan. 1—7 a.m. to 7 p.m. WESTBOUND-ONLY OPEN
- Saturday, Jan. 2—7 a.m. to 7 p.m. WESTBOUND-ONLY OPEN
- Sunday, Jan. 3—7 a.m. to 7 p.m. WESTBOUND-ONY OPEN
Hillsboro Mayor and ReThink9 Project Manager Roger Vance said the traffic pattern modification that was in place over the Thanksgiving holiday was successful as it safely allowed westbound travel to accommodate holiday travelers leaving the area and visitors coming to enjoy the greater Hillsboro attractions. “We are committed to providing easy access to our area businesses and attractions and residents during this holiday season.”